Monday, September 8, 2008

And Then There Was The Interview

Its rather uncanny that just a couple of week ago I had written an overlong blog post with a litany of happenings in my radio life and just 3 days after, I had to end up running through the whole scene again on an interview with AOL India. Now believe me, stuff like interviews make me rather queasy. Not because I'm a nervous wreck suffering from big stage butterflies. Quite the contrary, I quite love the showboating and the attention that comes from the big stage. But interviews are another event totally. Can I say they humble me or make me feel not so right. Maybe I have a part of me that thinks I'm not just big enough to merit an interview..Some of us might beg to differ (trust me even if you don't, just pretend you do. You'll flatter my frail ego), but I tend to believe that interviews are mostly the stuff that people like AB Sr, Federer, De Nero, and company are supposed to dish out.

Now having said that, there was an interview with Yours Truly on his JanamDin, Sept 4th (yeh those of you who missed, treat it as a not so kind reminder to you that you forgot). The fact that it was done by one of my good friends Tisha (Treasa, the real name goes), isnt supposed to rob me of any credit, should it. And coming from a Deccan Herald background ,her sincerity to the job better not be questioned. Ok so the case is settled. No favouritism, purely an interview on merit.

The interview was telephonic and the published look of it bore a close resemblance to what transpired over the call. Here goes the link. I promise you the guy in the picture is me - the Real McCoy. I'm a little affected by the symmetrical finish of my face, I did'nt quite know Photoshop could do that much. Then I'm sure you're not looking at the picture, but the more important things written out there.

http://www.aol.in/news-story/Rocking-it-on-Rainbow-101-3/2008090516089019000001

Good stuff with the writing there Tisha. You've made me sound smart. I don't remember mouthing out some of those high falutin sentences, but then I'm not complaining about the way they've ended up looking. I seriously like them.

Oh by the way,if you did'nt notice yet, I've waxed eloquent about my displeasure on the ban of 'live bands' ( I could swear she mentioned live music and dance in her question) , calling it a retrogressive step and a slap on the face of art and artists. Well I can tell you that I do feel sorry for the Dancing Queens and their bosses who lose a livelihood with the ban, but I need to clarify that it was the answer for a question on Live Music and Dance.I re-iterate that I do not consider Mujra a high art ...Thanks Subhendu for pointing that out. I can always count on you for locating a glitch that would make me look like an idiot.

So thats the dope for now. Guess I sound deliciously modest after all (could question the wisdom behind the adjective). More shows lined up for the month, a lot of thursdays and tuesdays in addition to the mondays. Yet to get a clear look into the booking charts. And whats really hot on the desi music charts for now is Rock On... Moviewise and musicwise its Spot On coming in after a lot of Bollywood trash that have been best Spat On. I hear Rakesh Roshan is planning up the sequel. Its to be called Farhan-Arjun.

So long.More progress to be reported on the next week. Till then

Rock On, Yeh Hai Waqt Ka Ishaara
J

No comments: